When Tristan Chase Lennox (nickname: Lenny) found out that his grandfather, Charles Richard Wall, had been diagnosed with the terminal disease ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease) he immediately had the idea that he wanted to do something to show his love and support for his Grandpa…who was always his biggest fan.
So, together, he and his parents came up with the idea to start a charitable foundation that could raise money for ALS but also not be limited to helping victims and families impacted by ALS.
- Born October 21, 2002 in Ottawa General Hospital
- A twin Brother (Brady), an older Sister (Abigayle, 3rd year Laurier) and a younger Sister (Graci, entering Grade 8)
- Family resided in Brockville, ON until 2004 when moved to Cambridge, ON
- Tristan began skating at age 2 and began playing hockey with his twin brother Brady at age 6
- Boys played together in Cambridge for NOVICE MD, M Atom AAA, Major Atom AAA season then moved to Mississauga where they began playing in the GTHL
- Tristan played for Mississauga Senators, Vaughan Kings, North York Rangers and Mississauga Reps (all AAA) from Minor Peewee through Minor Midget.
- Tristan voted Team MVP in 3 separate GTHL seasons & was the only goalie to return to the City Finals with 2 different teams (programs other than Toronto Marlies & Toronto Jr Canadiens) in Minor Bantam & Minor Midget seasons.
- Recorded 1st offensive point (assist) in (MB) Buffalo Cup Tourney Finals with 120′ aerial tape to tape pass sending teammate Zayde Wisdom for breakaway GOAL. NYR won the Tournament. Tristan named MVP.
- Once completed a 2-0 Win in which he made 60 saves for his Team. Along the way he recorded an assist on first goal scored for his team and then scored the second goal into empty net. Game of a Lifetime!
- Tristan started for his team in the Annual GTHL (Minor Midget) All-Star Prospects Game at Scotiabank Pond Arena
- Tristan was awarded 2 MVP’s in the 2018 OHL Cup Tournament
- Tristan was awarded Tournament MVP in 2018 OHL Gold Cup Tournament Champion GTHL Blue Squad
- OHL Entry Draft 2018 – Tristan was selected as the first goalie in the draft, 26th overall pick: 6th pick 2nd Rd by Saginaw Spirit
- In 2 full seasons with Saginaw Spirit, the team has repeated as West Division Champions & competed for OHL Championship. In the 7 game series to award the J. Ross Robertson Cup, Tristan appeared in 5+ games (in his rookie season) winning a Game Star Selection in 3 of those games. 6 Guelph Storm players from that series graduated to Pro Hockey the following season.
- Recorded 1st OHL Shut Out (Sunday December 30, 2018) vs Flint Firebirds at age: 16 +70 days…we believe this is a Saginaw Spirit FRANCHISE record & possibly an OHL Record but have not confirmed this as of this post.
- Tristan was selected to play for Team Canada White at the u17 IIHF event in Halifax Nova Scotia 2018 & won a POG Award during the Tournament
- Tristan was selected to play and start for Team Canada at the u18 IIHF Hlinka-Gretzky Tournament in Czechoslovakia – winning Silver Medal
- After starting the season in the OHL, Tristan was briefly sent to play in OJHL to begin his first Jr A hockey season and, after playing only 8 games, was named to the prestigious OJHL All-Star Event in Trenton, Ontario. Playing 1 game and allowing only 1 goal. Tristan was called back to the OHL the following week.
- Tristan has attended 4 High Schools: Hill Academy, Our Lady Mount Carmel, St Benedicts CSS and finally Heritage High School (Saginaw MI USA) and currently maintains a 75% grade average